||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Security Studies/Science, Technology, and Security
This timely and compelling book presents a broad study of all key cyber security issues of the highest interest to government and business as well as their implications.
This comprehensive work focuses on the current state of play regarding cyber security threats to government and business, which are imposing unprecedented costs and disruption. At the same time, it aggressively takes a forward-looking approach to such emerging industries as automobiles and appliances, the operations of which are becoming more closely tied to the internet. Revolutionary developments will have security implications unforeseen by manufacturers, and the authors explore these in detail, drawing on lessons from overseas as well as the United States to show how nations and businesses can combat these threats.
The book's first section describes existing threats and their consequences. The second section identifies newer cyber challenges across an even broader spectrum, including the internet of things. The concluding section looks at policies and practices in the United States, United Kingdom, and elsewhere that offer ways to mitigate threats to cyber security. Written in a nontechnical, accessible manner, the book will appeal to a diverse audience of policymakers, business leaders, cyber security experts, and interested general readers.
- Takes a broad approach to the problems of cyber security, covering every important issue related to the threats cyber security poses to government and business
- Provides detailed coverage of the political, financial, data protection, privacy, and reputational problems caused by cyber attacks
- Offers a forward-looking approach, discussing emerging trends that will bring new challenges to those charged with enhancing cyber security
- Makes insightful suggestions into how nations and businesses can take steps to enhance their cyber security
- Series Description
Praeger Security International
As the world gets "smaller" through technology and globalization, the security risks we face grow and multiply.
International security in the 21st century is not a topic that can be adequately addressed in nightly news soundbites or online articles intended to be relevant for 24 hours or less. Comprehending these complex issues requires insight from foreign policy specialists, diplomats, military officials, peace scholars, historians, and security experts—participants and observers on all sides of each conflict. This series provides the tools for understanding security issues in our uncertain, unstable world.
Written by subject experts and well-known researchers, the books in the Praeger Security International series give readers access to carefully considered and highly informed viewpoints on the critical security issues that threaten to destabilize our world. With titles authored by diplomats, first responders, economists, journalists, civil servants, military leaders and combatants, legal experts, psychologists, and other knowledgeable specialists, these books offer in-depth reflections, thorough analysis, and international perspectives that are unavailable in mass media. These titles represent an invaluable resource for students and researchers as well as anyone who seeks a deeper understanding of the complex issues that affect our lives and future.
- Provides reliable, comprehensive information on all matters relating to security that is ideal for students, teachers, researchers, and professionals
- Offers insightful commentaries written by a diverse group of scholars and experts who provide interdisciplinary treatments of newsworthy events and important historical occurrences
- Author Info
- Look Inside