- How often are the databases updated?
ABC-CLIO Solutions databases are updated daily to reflect any developments and to align with school and course curricula.
- Can students access the databases while they are away from the school/library?
Yes. You can access ABC-CLIO Solutions databases any place where you have Internet access. All you need is your username and password, or those provided to you by your school or institution.
- How do I change my viewing preferences inside my subscription?
You can select display options for your institution by logging into your Educator Edition in the upper right corner and clicking “Update Information” under “Account Information” on the left navigation bar.
- Are promotional materials available?
Promotional materials including flyers, brochures, and bookmarks are available. Contact our Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to put in your request.
- Where can I find on-demand training videos for my staff and me?
All of your Getting Started videos may be found in your Educator Edition under the “Video Tutorials” tab on the left navigation bar. Log in to your Educator Edition by following the link located in the upper right corner of the homepage of any database to which you subscribe.
- What training options are available to me?
ABC-CLIO provides a variety of virtual and on-demand training options to customers. Read more about ABC-CLIO’s training program on the homepage www.abc-clio.com/abc-cliosolutions.
- What are the browser, hardware, and software requirements?
- Are third-party plug-ins required to view any of the database resources?
Adobe Flash Player is required for Flash animations, research tips, some Geography maps, and some audio and video. Apple QuickTime is required for some audio and video.
- What type of authentication options does ABC-CLIO Solutions support?
The simplest way to authenticate a database is to use your username and password, but ABC-CLIO Solutions also enables IP authorization and authentication by referring URL or public library barcode.
- Are usage statistics available?
Yes. Reports showing searches and sessions for the past year are available at http://counterstats.abc-clio.com. All you need to do is log in with your credentials and set the parameters for the type of report you’d like to run.
- Are MARC records available?
MARC records for all ABC-CLIO databases are available for download and may be found under “Website Information” at the bottom of any page.
- Are persistent URLs available?