||6 1/8x9 1/4
This book examines the range of new theories, research, and applications in the most generative areas of positive psychology, at the dawn of a new wave of positive psychology scholarship—one that is increasingly sensitive to real-world issues, adversity, culture, and context.
In the 17 years since the inception of the movement, the field of positive psychology has grown tremendously and inspired research and practice across a range of sub-areas. Scientific Advances in Positive Psychology showcases the wide range of new theories, research, applications, and explorations in what can be termed "the next wave of positive psychology," presenting novel findings and theories that acknowledge and mainstream sensitivity to real-world issues, adversity, culture, and context, in fresh new ways.
The contributors to the work—among the best known and most experienced in the field—trace the growth of new developments in each of the key foci of positive psychology, including happiness, character strengths, and gratitude, and document the latest research, theory, and applications. The volume focuses on the contributions and development of positive psychology sub-fields, such as positive organizational psychology and positive youth development, as well as their primary application areas, such as positive education.
- Offers an unprecedented examination of the most generative subjects in positive psychology
- Provides a scientifically grounded, thorough, and accessible overview of positive psychology theory, research, and practice
- Showcases a new wave of positive psychology that is mainstreaming increased sensitivity to adversity, culture, and contextual factors
- Brings together contributions from renowned leaders and prolific thinkers in positive psychology
- Presents cutting-edge information that will be useful to scholars, students, as well as general readers